What Are Hemp Seeds?
Hemp is considered one of the most nutritious plants in the world and the seeds contain all 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential ones that our bodies cannot produce on its own. Hemp seeds are also a rich source of essential minerals, including magnesium and phosphorus for bone health, zinc to help support the immune system, and iron for oxygenating the blood.
Hemp Seeds Benefits
Whole hemp seeds contain 10 to 15 percent fiber, which aids in constipation and promotes digestive regularity. The Omega-6 fatty acids in hemp seeds regulate metabolism, help brain function, maintain bone health, and stimulate skin and hair growth. As a natural appetite suppressant, adding hemp seed to your meals can reduce your food cravings and help you feel full longer.
Hemp Seeds Nutrition
Hemp seeds have a mild, nutty flavour and are ready to use raw or in low heat cooking. The seeds can be sprinkled on hot cereal, yogurt or salads, added to shakes & smoothies, or added to breads, pancakes, granola bars and other baked desserts. Because they are packed with protein, hemp seeds are ideal for people following a paleo diet or trying to reduce their carb intake.
- 2000mg of Omega 3 per spoonful.
- 6400mg of ‘complete’ Protein per spoonful.
- Natural source of antioxidants, phytosterols, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Available in 114g bag, 250g bag, 1kg bag and 10kg tub.
- A recommended daily serving size of our Hulled Hemp Seeds is 28gm or approximately 2.5 x metric 20ml tablespoons