On a weight for weight basis Spirulina is nature’s richest and most complete source of nutrition. This green superfood containing over 100 synergistic nutrients comes from a microscopic freshwater plant, ecologically grown without chemicals and concentrated by removing nothing but the water. Spirulina is widely used throughout the world as a food supplement for maintaining health, energy and optimum weight.
Powder Consumption can vary with activity levels, state of health & age. Start-up: 1-2 grams (1/2 teaspoon) per day for one week. Maintenance: 3 grams (1 teaspoon) per day. Optimum: 3 grams (1 teaspoon) 3x daily Best taken at or after meals with at least 1/2 – 1 cup fluid.
As part of a natural weight management program, consume 30-45 minutes before meals.
Spirulina Smoothie Recipe: Blend 1 ripe banana with 1 cup of apple, orange or other favourite juice and 1 teaspoon (or more) Synergy Spirulina powder
Facts about Spirulina
- Nature’s richest source of protein (65% of it’s weight), 300% more than fish, meat or poultry (but with zero cholesterol).
- 58x richer in iron than spinach. A natural non-toxic easily absorbed source. n A Rich wholefood source of anti-oxidants (25x richer in beta-carotene than carrot).
- 2x richer in chlorophyll than alfalfa, barleygrass or wheatgrass.
- A highly concentrated source of essential fatty acids (EFA’s). n Spirulina may be used as part of a weight management program. If taken 30-45mins before meals, it induces a “less hungry” feeling whilst still supplying a broad range of nutrients.
- As an unrefined whole food, spirulina is absorbed up to 16x more effectively than synthetic multivitamin supplements.